Github user HoustonPutman commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/313

    Regarding your comments:

    1. I'm not sure when this would be necessary, however I tried to follow the
convention used in `CollectionStateWatcher`. `LiveNodesListener` is a similar
interface that doesn't return a value. Maybe it would be better to follow this
convention.
    2. The use case I need this for is keeping track of all collections that a
cloud contains so that we can monitor each collection. It could also be useful
for pre-populating State watchers for all collections, so that they aren't
created whenever the state information is needed.

    I also have no qualms about changing the name of this interface, as I don't
like the current name very much. It might be good to change it from a `Watcher`
to a `Listener` if we decide to follow the `LiveNodesListener` convention
instead of the `CollectionStateWatcher` convention for removing itself from the
`zkStateReader`.

---