Yes, I've seen these issues too. The right thing to do is to close all
resources (in some cases finish anything that can't be left in a bad state)
and exit. In this particular case I'd think the InterruptedException is
swallowed unintentionally because of the catch (Exception ). I suspect for
the OverseerTaskProcessor the right thing to do is to close and exit?. We
should at the very least be restoring the interrupted flag (so that
Mikhail's fix would make the thread exit immediately)