Jan Høydahl created SOLR-12292:
----------------------------------
Summary: Make it easier to configure Solr with CORS
Key: SOLR-12292
URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-12292
Project: Solr
Issue Type: Improvement
Security Level: Public (Default Security Level. Issues are Public)
Components: Server
Reporter: Jan Høydahl
While working on SOLR-8207 I wanted to collect info from other SolrCloud nodes
from the AdminUI. However this is blocked by
[CORS|https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-origin_resource_sharing] policy. In
that Jira I instead did the fan-out on the Solr server side for the two handler
I needed.
It would be nice if all nodes in a SolrCloud cluster could automatically accept
any other node as a legal origin, and make it easy for users to add other
origins by config.
If we use the [Jetty CORS
filter|http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/9.4.9.v20180320/cross-origin-filter.html]
in web.xml, perhaps we could parse a env.var from solr.in.xx and inject into
the {{allowedOrigins}} property of that filter? There is also SOLR-6059 which
tries to implement CORS inside of Solr handlers and not in Jetty. Don't know
pros/cons of those.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]