Do we have Google analytics stats for how often the Errata page in the online
refGuide is visited? Eh, since the link from PDF is broken that number may be 0
:-)

I agree that most people may be unaware of that page, and perhaps the page is
not needed since we tend to release new minor versions fairly often, so the
amount of time the RefGuide is in error is low.
I also think that most people wanting to upgrade probably first check
CHANGES.txt and may never consult the RefGuide, so even if we published some
important info on that page it may not be read.
If we kill the whole concept of an Errata, perhaps we should simply direct
users to https://lucene.apache.org/solr/news.html
<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/news.html> where we announce releases and CVEs.
And then if we wish to notify users about other critical flaws such as
SOLR-12321, it is much easier to add a news entry to the page than to republish
the guide?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com