I suspect this could only show up as a bottleneck if they run very cheap
queries (low cost) at a very high throughput? Is it the case? I've seen a
couple workloads like that in the past and profilers suggested that things
that usually do not matter were bottleneck like creating scorers or
deciding whether a query should be cached. But trying to fix it didn't
really help as there are lots of things that we need to do to decide how to
run a query that run in O(num_segments * num_clauses)

I'm confused why MinShouldMatchSumScorer would be used when minShouldMatch
is 0 or 1. DisjunctionSumScorer should be used instead for such values of
minShouldMatch?