+1 as I think it would open up other example/documentation options.

Chrome driver by itself may be sufficient for just sample screenshots,
but Selenium may be better for testing and more advanced use-cases.
Neither though I think will get a collection into the correct
pre-populated state. So that would still need to be figured out (maybe
something like Postman: https://www.getpostman.com/postman ).

I think it would also go hand-in-hand with improving examples, so the
screenshots are taken of something users could also use/reproduce.
And/or with longer "getting started" example that could be automated
with screenshots along the way.

Regards,
   Alex.