Github user dsmiley commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/438

    Another little detail I see that's different is the default locale.
ParseDateFieldUpdateProcessorFactory uses ROOT but ExtractDateUtils uses
ENGLISH.  AFAIK, such a difference would appear when parsing timezones like
AKST.  I could be wrong.  Can we see if this is indeed a problem?  Ideally a
test would demonstrate if it is or not.  If we do find an issue here... then we
could simply always configure the locale in the configs (my preference) or we
could change the internal default of `ParseDateFieldUpdateProcessorFactory`

---