Jason Gerlowski created SOLR-12856:
--------------------------------------
Summary: Improve javadocs for public SolrJ classes
Key: SOLR-12856
URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-12856
Project: Solr
Issue Type: Improvement
Security Level: Public (Default Security Level. Issues are Public)
Components: documentation, SolrJ
Affects Versions: 7.5
Reporter: Jason Gerlowski
Assignee: Jason Gerlowski
While poking around some SolrJ code, I noticed that the Javadoc documentation
tends to be spotty. Some sections have pretty meticulous descriptions, others
are missing javadocs entirely.
I'm not aiming to entirely correct that situation here, but I did want to fix a
few of the more serious concerns I ran into in some of my digging. This list
includes:
* SolrClient.commit should have some warning about the downside of invoking
commits on the client side
* ditto re: SolrClient.rollback
* SolrClient's single-doc add method should have a warning about performance
implications of not batching. Not sure if this should live in SolrClient
itself and be worded as a "potential" perf impact, or live in each of the
clients it applies to.
* the SolrClient builders can use some clarification around when particular
settings are useful.
* ResponseParser and some other classes might benefit from some high level
class javadocs.
Figured this was worth a JIRA so others can catch potential mistakes I'm making
here, or suggest other SolrJ things that'd really benefit from Javadocs.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]