If we're planning to postpone cutting an 8.0 branch until a few weeks from
now then I'd like to propose (and volunteer to RM) a 7.6 release targeted
for late November or early December (following the typical 2 month release
pattern). It feels like this might give a little breathing room for
finishing up 8.0 blockers? And looking at the change log there appear to be
a healthy list of features, bug fixes, and improvements to both Solr and
Lucene that warrant a 7.6 release? Personally I wouldn't mind releasing the
LatLonShape encoding changes in LUCENE-8521
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8521> and selective indexing
work done in LUCENE-8496 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8496>.
Any objections or thoughts?

- Nick