Hi Erick,

> I just noticed that Solr's CHANGES.txt has this at the beginning:
>
> You need a Java 1.8 VM or later installed.
>
> Is this still what we want to say between now and whenever we
> understand the various failures on jdk 9, 10, 11 and 12? Do we want to
> specifically say that 9 and 10 are not recommended?

I think, if you want to use SSL/TLS, the status in Java 11 is undefined. The
error rate with Java 11 is higher than with Java 8 to Java 10 (because of
support for TLS 1.3 which seem to cause some SSL-related tests to fail). But
standard Solr usage is perfectly possible with Java 8 to 11 and actually some
of my customers (none of them uses SSL) have already changed without any
problems.

As far as I see, the HTTP2 branch is also in a good shape (with Java 11), so
the statement in the CHANGES.txt and SYSTEM_REQUIREMENTS.txt is in perfect
shape. No idea what you are talking about? Why do you think that Java 9 or 10
does not work?

On my machines, Smoke tester on Policeman running with Java 9 finished on the
first run (it ran tests with both Java 8 and Java 9). SUCCESS!

The issues with tests is less Java version than more flakey tests. I cannot see
any significance depending on Java version - sorry!

Uwe