Github user dsmiley commented on the pull request:

https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/commit/c04a3ac306b017054173d986e32ea217e2fc6595#commitcomment-31829970

    In
solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/response/transform/ChildDocTransformerFactory.java:
    In
solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/response/transform/ChildDocTransformerFactory.java
 on line 162:
    I think this illustrates a problem with this syntax that you invented.  The
code here says the absence of any '/' means it's a "regular filter, not
hierarchy based".  But how then do you articulate a path filter for all
elements named "foo" regardless of parentage?  So I think "childFilter" is
trying to do double-duty here leading to some edge cases as we try to guess
what was intended.  I propose instead we have a different local param
"pathFilter".  Both filters will be AND'ed together.  WDYT?

---