Hi all,

Feature freeze for 8.0 was long time ago (January 29th) and there is
interesting stuff that has not been released yet. In Lucene in particular
there is the new BKD tree strategy for segment merging  which provides a
significant performance boost for high dimensions, the new Luke module or
the new query visitor API for naming a few. I see that in Solr there is as
well quite a few unreleased changes.

I might not be able to be the release manager this time as I will be on
holidays the next few weeks but I would like to gauge the interest in the
community to have a new release soonish.

Cheers,

Ignacio