Does it need to go to Confluence? I know Apache built an export tool,
but is there a way to dump the whole thing into a text archive? Or
both :-)

I am wondering if this could be a good opportunity for dog-fooding.
Load the wiki export into Solr, cross-match against RefGuide, manually
inspect the differences, etc. I already have the code for pulling the
Ref-Guide into Solr split at the lowest-header level. A similar thing
could be done for Wiki and then we do "more like this" or "similarity"
or some such.

Also, how much non-Javadoc information actually exists for Lucene? How
many pages would a Lucene branch have. An honest question, I never
really paid attention to the documentation proportions.

Regards,
   Alex.