On 09/09/2011 12:07, eks dev wrote:
+1
indeed! All possibilities are are needed.

One might do wild things if it is somehow  typed. For example,
dictionary compression for fields that are tokenized (not only
stored), as we already have Term dictionary supporting ord-s. Keeping
just a map Token<->  ord with transaction log...

Hmm, you mean a per-doc map? because a global map would have to be updated as we add new docs, which would make the writing process non-atomic, which is the last thing you want from a transaction log :)

As a per-doc compression, sure. In fact, what you describe is essentially a single doc mini-index, because the map is a term dict, the token streams with ords are postings, etc.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><