We’re still working out the changes to the publication process, and got a
couple wires crossed that prevented the Ref Guide from being published at the
same time for this release.

I’ve published the final version now: http://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_3/.

Apologies for the confusion, by the next release we expect to have all this
worked out.