Thanks everyone!

As requested, a brief history of me:

A native Austinite, I went to The University of Texas at Austin. Back in
2013 I lucked into an internship with Bloomberg working on a new Search
Infrastructure team. There I had my first exposure to Solr and built the
first iteration of the Analytics Component. Since graduating in 2016,
moving up to NYC and starting at Bloomberg full time, I have been working
on Solr in various ways, from rewriting the Analytics Component to adding
some features to various parts of SolrJ and fixing some weirdness in pivot
facets.

Lately I’ve been working (and presenting) on running Solr on Kubernetes.
We’ve open sourced a Solr Kubernetes operator (
https://github.com/bloomberg/solr-operator), which is currently being
developed with help from across the community. Our goal is to make this a
standard and flexible way of running Solr in a cloud environment, which
includes making Solr itself run better in the cloud.

I can’t wait to continue working with y’all and making Solr as great as it
can be!

- Houston Putman