I think the goal „fix solr Cloud stability“ deserves some more thinking. Eg i
would start with - how to measure it - because until now it is not measured.
That means a benchmark that is close to what Solr cloud should be able to
manage should be defined, eg we want to allow up to 50,000 cores or 100,000
collections with on average 3 replica and average size of 100 GB, ingestion
rate scales linearly with the number of nodes (just random numbers to
illustrate the point).Then maybe one can get from Apache foundation some cloud
budget or similar to simulate the scenario for each release. Maybe one does not
need to simulate that extreme but so that one can reliable interpolate from
that one.

After that, I believe one can accept patches, redesign architecture (eg in form
of Solr Improvement Proposals - SIP) etc.
maybe then the goal for 9.0 release could be that the benchmark is defined and
can be executed on each release.

I know this is a lot of work, but this is the only way on how someone can make
stability objectively measurable and also credible to the community.

Best regards