Hi Kyle,
For #2, I understand you need this because you want "min-visited-docs",
right? Because, for max you could use EarlyTerminatingSortingCollector? (or
Lucene's "HitsThresholdChecker", but I don't know if Solr has support for
this yet). The "min-visited" would override the "timeAllowed", so even if
the collection should expire based on time, you'd let it continue until
something hits, is that the idea?