Hello everyone,

As I currently understand it, there is no built in mechanism for
UpdateRequestProcessors to add information to the response that is sent
back to the user. It is possible to pass in the Response object to the
UpdateRequestProcessor, through the corresponding
UpdateRequestProcessorFactory, so that information can be passed back.

The issue is that if the UpdateRequestProcessor is placed after the
DistrubutedUpdateRequestProcessor in the chain, the information is sent
back in the response to the originating Solr Node, not in the response to
the user.

Is there a way that I'm missing where an UpdateRequestProcessor can be
placed after the DistrubutedUpdateRequestProcessor and still be able to add
information to the user response? If no such way exists, I think it's
something worth adding. I can see uses for this in many URPs, such as the
*IgnoreLargeDocumentProcessorFactory*,
*LangDetectLanguageIdentifierUpdateProcessorFactory*, and any of the
derivations of *FieldMutatingUpdateProcessorFactory*.

- Houston