Just disabling the warning globally nothing to prevent more being added. Take
raw types. They’re a compromise allowed by the java compiler explicitly to be
able to continue to use older binaries written before (or without) generics.
But take a look at SolrQueryResponse for instance. We explicitly declare:

protected NamedList<Object> values = new SimpleOrderedMap<>();

but then declare a method:

public NamedList getValues() { return values; }

This is just bad practice.

I don’t mind the grunt work, keeps me from stupid surfing. I’m proposing that I
fix what’s easy, and suppress the rest.

It might have been clearer if I’d said “Then start failing builds on any new
warnings of these types”.

Oh, and I’m also thinking of changing my BadApple report to flag when new
SuppressWarnings are introduced and then nag people about new ones.