Welcome Ilan!

Christine

From: dev@lucene.apache.org At: 06/22/20 14:45:27To:  dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Welcome Ilan Ginzburg as Lucene/Solr committer

Thank you, merci, תודה for the trust and the welcome, Noble and everybody!

I’m based in France near Grenoble, a flat city high tech hub surrounded by
mountains.

For the past 7 years I’ve been working on Search at Salesforce. Currently
focusing on SolrCloud scaling.
I also work on making Solr nodes stateless, separating compute from storage to
better fit Public Cloud environments (see Activate '18, Activate '19,
SOLR-13101 WIP).

Past employers include EMC/Documentum, HP Labs Palo Alto, Intel. Earlier still
I created the Apple 2 game Saracen (old timers here might remember?).

Other activities include a lot of paragliding, cycling, hiking, drumming (here
during COVID) and a few stints working as a photographer.

I hold a MA in business administration and a PhD in computer science (parallel
computing).

I’m extremely happy to join the Lucene/Solr community, the future looks
exciting!

Ilan