I started looking at the Ref Guide for 8.6 to get it ready, and notice there
are no Upgrade Notes in `solr-upgrade-notes.adoc` for 8.6. Is it really true
that none are needed at all?

I’ll add what I usually do about new features/changes that maybe wouldn’t
normally make the old Upgrade Notes section, I just find it surprising that
there weren’t any devs who thought any of the 100 or so Solr changes warrant
any user caveats.