I could only git show the last id in your email David.

That means that for most squash and merge the dialog box should be left
empty, as the PR title should already have the relevant info (Jira ID +
short description), right? And when the PR title does not contain this
info, we should edit it prior to commit.
Making sure I understand you correctly.

Ilan