Hi,
I'm proposing a process for every ticket which has a user facing
change. The changes could be

* A new command/end point
* A new request parameter
* A configuration (solr.xml, clusterprops.json, or any other file in ZK)
* A new file (part of file) in ZK
* A new file in file system

I may have missed some.

Please ensure that the changes are described in the description of the
JIRA. This gives a heads up to other committers that a new user facing
change is being introduced.

Solr's UX is inconsistent & hard and the reason is that we all make
user-facing changes without enough review. Of course we add ref guide
documentation. But, it is not done until it is too late. The intent to
make a change should be made clear well in advance so that we get
early feedback. Other committers often see the changes pretty late and
at this point it is too late to change because of backward
incompatibility.