What would this practically look like if it is adopted/accepted? Given
the Lucene and Solr separating as an additional wrinkle.

I assume this is a donation to Solr project, so it will be an
apache/solr-operator project, similar to how it is currently
lucene-solr? Would the committers be the same or is it kind of a new
set? Or more like a first-party package?

How does this interplay with Docker that IS in-project?

I am neither plus nor minus on this, just putting the questions that I
feel would benefit being clarified.

Regards,
   Alex.