Erick,

I kept hoping to meet again at a future conference and have an
extended version of the talk we had the first time we met. It was very
valuable but I felt I only got a glimpse of what was possible.
Perhaps, one day, I can travel near your actual "nest" and buy you a
beer or two and listen to the true war stories at the search coalface.

Until then, I wish you luck with the furry rats. We have some in our
backyard, but since we haven't - yet - started growing things, I view
them with amusement rather than anger. But, next summer, I will
probably follow your steps too. I wonder if Tesla coils are more DIY
then the laser-guided heat rays. Though heat rays on lower settings
could be quite nice in Montreal winter, I am sure.

Regards,
   Alex.
P.s. Good old days! When one had to tell the disassembler that the
hack Xonix and Arkanoid levels!
P.p.s. If you need any listening material while you garden, I suspect
you will enjoy the hardware/software discussions podcast: "On the
metal" https://oxide.computer/podcast/