Hello All,

Recently we upgraded our Lucene core libraries from v2.9.4 to v8.7.0 and as
all the lucene classes have been changed to non-serializable and since we
are using RPC for invoking the search queries we ran into bunch of
NotSerializableException.

I went through various forums which suggest either to use toString() method
of queries and then use query parser at the receiver end to convert it back
to Query objects. This fixed the NotSerializableException issue but the
behaviour of queries and filters were not correct now. While looking into
these issues we identified that this could be because of toString and query
parising not returning the equivalent query objects.

Hence we again started looking for other serialization options and got a
reference of using Kryo serializers for the same purpose. But using Kryo
serializers we are running into buffer overflow and some time running into
ClassCastException for BooleanClause$Occur.

Could someone please point me towards correct way of serialization and
deserialization of Lucene objects.

--
Sent from:
https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-Developer-f564358.html