Hello everyone,
Following up on my question in case anyone has any idea. Why it's important
to know this is because I am thinking of allowing the backup process to not
hold any lock on the index files, which should allow the fsync during
parallel commits. BUT, in case doing an fsync on existing segment files in
a saved commit point DOES have an effect, it might render the backed up
index in a corrupt state.

Thanks,
Rahul