Hi again,

we can maybe "improve" the situation a bit: On Github you can (with
Admin/Ownership rights) rename a project. So my suggestion:

- Check pull requests and count how many affect solr and how many affect Lucene.
- In cooperation with Infra rename the Github project
("apache/lucene-solr.git") to "apache/lucene.git" (if more pull requests affect
Lucene) or "apache/solr.git" (if more are Solr). The PRs will survive the
rename. Also the old GitHub URL will redirect to the renamed one. The other
project should be created as a fork - of course without PRs.

We can only do this in cooperation with Apache Infra stuff, because we can'
change the Github repo settings or rename them using the Github UI.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen