There isn't any plans for that, and I'm not sure what is actually
expected of the GUI tool to support vector search codec (it'd be
costly operation to decode vectors with several hundreds of
dimensions); though I am open to new ideas which are feasible and
useful.
Nonetheless the error you saw is not great; we could improve that by
just ignoring the codec for now.

Tomoko