Hi Adrien, Jim,

First, thank you for your time and insightful comments. They are very much
appreciated, and will no doubt lead to the best solution.

I will reimplement the elasticsearch collector as suggested, and then circle
back here with a proposal for the reduction in accessibility most appropriate
for Lucene.

-Chris.

P.S. Eliminating split packages shines a spotlight on tech debt. Each case
different and requiring / deserving of its own investigation and analysis. I
try to do as much of this upfront, but really it needs the valuable input from
folk on this list. Thank you for your time.