On Tue, 8 Nov 2022, Andi Vajda wrote:

Hi Uwe,

On Wed, 9 Nov 2022, Uwe Schindler wrote:

you pushed the "master" branch to lucene-site Git repo, which was outdated and was no longer existing on server. I deleted it because main AND master cause issues with website build and makes it hard to understand what needs to be changed for website updates. Please push your changes to "main" branch! The problem with duplicate branches is that your push removed some stuff from the website.

Your last push was yesterday and that caused havoc: it removed our latest releases from web page because you were overwriting it with an old version.

Please cleanup your local repo and use "main" branch instead. I don't know what changes are now lost by deleting the branch on server. Please add your release of python lucene again on correct branch.

My notes said to use the 'master' branch. I can change my notes to use 'main' but I need to be told first (!)

All changes are on the 'production' branch as well, so things need not have been completely lost ?

My git-fu is limited so I can't reconstruct stuff from git, purely, but I can make sure the PyLucene stuff is current in the 'main' and 'production' branches. I've now updated my notes to use 'main'.

I did the following in lucene-site.git
  - git checkout main
  - git pull
  - git branch -D master
  - git branch
    * main
      production
I then checked the content/pylucene/pylucene_news, content/pages/pylucene
directories as well as the content/pylucene/doap.rdf file (which I fixed this morning for a XML tag (my bad)).
All looks fine.
For good measure, I also checked the production branch and it looks fine too.

Andi..