NOTICE:

Branch branch_9_6 has been cut and versions updated to 9.7 on stable branch.

Please observe the normal rules:

* No new features may be committed to the branch.
* Documentation patches, build patches and serious bug fixes may be
 committed to the branch. However, you should submit all patches you
 want to commit as pull requests first to give others the chance to review
 and possibly vote against them. Keep in mind that it is our
 main intention to keep the branch as stable as possible.
* All patches that are intended for the branch should first be committed
 to the unstable branch, merged into the stable branch, and then into
 the current release branch.
* Normal unstable and stable branch development may continue as usual.
 However, if you plan to commit a big change to the unstable branch
 while the branch feature freeze is in effect, think twice: can't the
 addition wait a couple more days? Merges of bug fixes into the branch
 may become more difficult.
* Only Github issues with Milestone 9.6
 and priority "Blocker" will delay a release candidate build.

I am struggling to find the lucene Jenkins jobs on the new apache build server
at https://jenkins-ccos.apache.org/ - if anybody has any hints as to how to
navigate the helpful new interface with a non-functional search box, I would be
very grateful…

It’s a holiday weekend coming up in the UK, so my plan is to give Jenkins a few
days to chew things over (once I actually get the jobs running) and then build
a RC on Tuesday 2nd May.