Robert,
A gentle reminder of the
https://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct.html.
I've read many e-mails about this topic that ended up in a tone that is not
up to the standard of a healthy community.
To be specific and pragmatic how you addressed Gus here, how you addressed
the rest of our community mocking us as sort of "ChatGPT minions" and the
usage of bad words in English (f* word), does not make sense and it's not
acceptable here.
Even if you feel heated, I recommend separating such emotions from what you
write and always being respectful of other people with different ideas.
You are an intelligent person, don't ruin your time (and others' time) on a
wonderful project such as Lucene, blinded by excessive emotion.
Please remember that the vast majority of us participate in this community
purely on a volunteering basis.
So when I spend time on this, I like to see respect,
thoughtful discussions, and intellectual challenges, the time we spend
together must be peaceful and positive.

The community comes first and here we are collecting what the community
would like for a feature.
Your vote and opinion are extremely valuable, but at this stage, we are
here to listen to the community rather than imposing a personal idea.
Once we observe the dominant need, we'll proceed with a contribution.
If you disagree with such a contribution and bring technical evidence that
supports a convincing veto, we (the Lucene community) will listen and
improve/change the contribution.
If you disagree with such a contribution and bring an unconvincing veto, we
(the Lucene community) will proceed with steps that are appropriate for the
situation.
Let's also remember that the project and the community come first, Lucene
is an Apache project, not mine or yours for that matters.

Cheers

--------------------------
*Alessandro Benedetti*
Director @ Sease Ltd.