Hi Hoss,

Hi, see my other response, this is not the reason why it isn't wrapped:

If i had to guess it's simply because at that time AlreadyClosedException
didn't support wrapping any other Throwable.  That wasn't added until
LUCENE-5958 (circa 2014) which was focused on making sure "tragic" errors
kept a record of what caused the tragedy, and then include that as the
'cause' of the AlreadyClosedExceptions throw by 'ensureOpen()'

See my other mail for an explanation, in short: The NPE is only used as signal and not as error condition and MUST be hidden from end user (except for debbugging).

Uwe

--
Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen