From: Nathan Stephens <nsteph...@nvidia.com>
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2023 9:32 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org <dev@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: RAPIDS RAFT

NVIDIA has created accelerated vector search algorithms for IVF-Flat, IVF-PQ,
and CAGRA (a new graph based algorithm specifically designed for GPU's). These
algorithms are part of RAPIDS RAFT.  RAFT contains fundamental widely-used
algorithms and primitives for machine learning and information retrieval. The
algorithms are CUDA-accelerated and form building blocks for more easily
writing high performance applications. API's exist for Python and C++ (we do
not currently have a Java API).

RAFT has been integrated into Milvus, Redis, and Faiss. We are looking for
other integration partners. I wanted to see if there was an interest in the
Lucene community.

https://github.com/rapidsai/raft

Nathan

Nathan Stephens (He/Him/His)
Enterprise Products: Data Science, AI/ML

NVIDIA<http://www.nvidia.com/>