Thank you all! It's an honor to join the project as a committer.

I'm originally from a small town in southern Romania
<https://maps.app.goo.gl/fz3Ju683kF91MmbT7>, so I'm really looking
forward to seeing #12172 <https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/12172>
resolved, since both the characters in question (ș, ț)
are supposed to show up in my name.

In university <https://maps.app.goo.gl/D93VnxFEeRrZFHJs9>, I had professors
who contributed to open software <https://github.com/unikraft> and I was
lucky enough to be given a taste of the open source world. I had become a
teaching assistant for a few of the courses (Data Structures, Control
Theory),
and it had crossed my mind to stay at the university. Then I got an offer to
come work at Amazon, in Ireland <https://maps.app.goo.gl/25nSmtv87hZ2mcKv5>.
They gave me a list of teams I could join that
only had the names of the teams - I thought Search Engine Tech sounded the
coolest. I was right! That's how I first learned about Lucene and started
working with/on it. It's a privilege, Lucene is an amazing piece of
software and
I'm proud to be contributing.

Outside programming, I like history and philosophy. I've been a voracious
reader basically since I learned how to read. Recently, I've been going down
a spiral of increasingly obscure books, but nothing has topped Dostoevsky's
classic, The Brothers Karamazov
<https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/4934>. Knowing books also happens
to be useful
for thinking up faceting examples
<https://communityovercode.org/past-sessions/community-over-code-na-2023/#SH004>,
so that's a plus.
When I was in middle-school, I half-willingly went through 4 years of
classical
guitar training and was left with a life-long desire to be a good musician
despite my inconsistent practice habits. Practice will have to wait until I
finish up the next PR - looking forward to many more in the future!

Cheers,
Stefan