This section of the help file for testing explains the difference between
'beast', 'test' and various reiteration methods -

https://github.com/apache/lucene/blob/main/help/tests.txt#L89-L123

In *most* cases, tests.iters will be just as good as beasting (and much
faster). The only difference is when you want class-level settings to be
randomized differently (static initializers, for example).

D.