Is your new test uncommitted?

The Gradle check will fail if you have uncommitted files, to avoid the
situation where it "works on my machine (because of a file that I forgot to
commit)".

The rough workflow is:

1. Develop stuff (code and/or tests).
2. Commit it.
3. Gradle check.
4. If Gradle check fails, then make changes and amend your commit. Go to 3.

Hope that helps,
Froh