Thanks Robert,

>>Another idea apart from your solution would be to add a tailoring for
>>tibetan that sets some special attribute indicating 'word-final
>>syllable'. Then this information is not 'lost' and downstream can do
>>the right thing.

>>...So essentially before doing anything like that, it would be
>>best to know 'the rules of the game' before thinking about any design.

So the ICUTokenizer would have to add that word-final syllable attribute based
on some rules and then a downstream filter could use the attributes to constuct
bigrams without creating "stupid" bigrams.

If we end up doing the project, we will be working with people who have
expertise in Tibetan and hopefully would be able to tell us the "rules of the
game"

Tom

_______________________________________

Another idea apart from your solution would be to add a tailoring for
tibetan that sets some special attribute indicating 'word-final
syllable'. Then this information is not 'lost' and downstream can do
the right thing.
Its not a difficult thing to do for the tokenizer, but we would need
more details: a quick glance at some stuff on tibetan punctuation
indicates its not 'this simple': for some syllables sometimes the
punctuation is omitted. Honestly i don't know why this is, maybe it
means there are some syllables that only appear in word-final
position? If so, such important clues should also trigger this
attribute. So essentially before doing anything like that, it would be
best to know 'the rules of the game' before thinking about any design.