Some fixes might already be in trunk, the 2.9.4g branch and even the 3.0.3
branch.  I can tell you that the code that the 3.0.3 branch was ported from
was the downloadable source, sometime around september/october and not
directly from SVN.  Assuming that Lucene's Jira is correct, then all issues
that have a fix version of 3.0.3, should already be ported in the 3.0.3
branch.  Of course, I'm not sure if Java lucene does revision versions to
fix other bugs (like if they have a 3.0.3.x version), so
I'm unfortunately in that same boat as you when it comes to knowing the
EXACT state of at least the 3.0.3 branch.  I've been meaning do diff the
source I've downloaded against whatever tag I can find, and hopefully get
some bearings on exactly what changeset that branch is at right now.

Thanks,
Christopher