Uwe, all

2012/1/26 Uwe Schindler <u...@thetaphi.de>

> Hi,
>
> I'm happy to announce that the Lucene/Solr PMC has voted in Tommaso Teofili
> as our newest committer.

this makes me very very happy, I'll do my best to help this already great
project and community grow and improve.

> He is also committer of the Apache UIMA project
> (and various other Apache projects) and did a lot of work to make the Solr
> UIMA plugin and various Analyzers working.
>
> Tommaso, if you don't mind, could you introduce yourself with a brief bio
> as
> has become our tradition?

Sure, I live in Rome, Italy, where I've a wonderful family (wife and son)
and where I work as a software engineer, my main interests and passions are
information retrieval, natural language processing and machine learning.
My story at ASF started back in 2009 when I began to contribute to Apache
UIMA as I was using it  for applying NLP algorithms on data extracted from
the web for my master degree final work; now I am an Apache member
contributing to UIMA and other projects.
In the last two years I've worked on two quite big projects for migrating
commercial closed source based search engines to Lucene/Solr backed systems
hence I started getting my hands dirty with Lucene/Solr (the Solr-UIMA
plugin and the Lucence TypeTokenFilter are maybe my main contributions) and
I'm continuing to enjoy the ride.

> As soon as you have SVN commit rights, can you
> also add yourself to the Lucene and Solr homepages?

sure!

> Congratulations and welcome aboard!

Once again, thank you all for your trust!
Cheers,
Tommaso