Hi,

An index directory is always a CompositeReader, so single segment never
knows a modification date, so it's not part of AtomicReader. The only part
that might know anything about index commits, directories,... is
DirectoryReader (see my blog post).

But all that's not the cause for your problem it has nothing to do with my
refactoring, lastModified is broken and was removed by Mike McCandless:

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen