Thanks a lot for the kind words and the warm welcome!

My background is from FAST (now Microsoft) and I've been working on the ESP
search engine for about five years at FAST's R&D headquarters in Norway.  I
relocated to FAST's Japan office in 2005 and I've been helping selling and
delivering search solutions to Japanese businesses for another five years.

I started my own company Japan a couple of years ago and now we're a small team
of engineers working in the field of search, natural language processing and
big data, doing a combination of consulting and own product development.  We
are very enthusiastic users and promoters of ASF open source software.

I made the goal of building a new Japanese morphological analyzer and donating
it to the Apache Software Foundation 1-2 years ago in order to promote Lucene
and Solr in Japan by making it very easy to search Japanese text in an
attractive way.  Kuromoji is now available on trunk and we'll get Japanese
supported out-of-the-box in 3.6 and 4.0.

I'd like to thank Robert Muir, Uwe Schindler, Simon Willnauer and Mike
McCandless for their excellent work improving Kuromoji, giving me guidance and
for reviewing patches.  I'd also like to extend a very special thanks to Masaru
Hasegawa for his work on Kuromoji.  Kuromoji wouldn't be here without his
contribution (and I wouldn't have been nominated as a committer, either.)

Overall, I'd like to apply my experience building search platforms, Japanese
linguistics and delivering search solutions to further improve and promote
Lucene/Solr.  I'm a big believer in ease-of-use and making things work
out-of-the-box.

Outside of work, I enjoy indulging in the many culinary pleasures Tokyo has to
offer, doing a bit of running now and then, playing 囲碁 and tinkering with
computers.  I'm also doing some non-profit work for a business organization
that promotes trade relations between Norway and Japan.

Best,
Christian