On 24/02/2012 22:15, Simon Willnauer wrote:
IndexReader is ReadOnly now. you can't undelete / delete by DocID
anymore. The norms hell is gone too and should be implemented via
DocValues and IW. there are thoughts and issues open which I don't
recall from the top of my head.

hope that give some clarification

Not really. I get the first part about readers being read-only, that's fine. But it's still not clear to me how to use IndexWriter (or some other api) to undeleteAll, delete by docId, or modify norms without updating a document - all of which was possible in 3.x and had real use cases.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><