I've been spending quite a bit of time recently benchmarking various Key-Value
stores for a demanding project and been largely disappointed with results
However, I have developed a promising implementation based on these concepts:
http://www.slideshare.net/MarkHarwood/lucene-kvstore

The code needs some packaging before I can release it but the slide deck should
give a good overview of the design.

Is this something that it is likely to be of interest as a contrib module here?
I appreciate this is a departure from the regular search focus but it builds on
some common ground in Lucene core and may have some applications here.

Cheers,
Mark