On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_luc...@fucit.org> wrote:

> : I would make a perm redirect (301) from api/ -> api3/.
> : api3/ -> api-3.6.0 would be a 302 redirect, as it is official.
>
> That assumes that anyone who linked or bookmarked "/api" specificly
> expected the 3.x links.

thats the whole problem with /api: its not defined at all.

having shit like this just turns into 'lets blame the release manager
when things change and its not the way i want'.

Lets either kill it or make it a 301 and discourage its use in the future.

same goes for download redirect links (I will open an issue tomorrow:
either we remove these download redirect llinks completely, or we fix
them to take versions, because having to add ?'s with bogus stuff on
the end to prevent caching etc is really annoying, and having to
delete old news because old releases now link to new releases is
crazy).

--
lucidimagination.com