Hello,

  I've a problem with SOLR 4.0 Alpha ping request handler. If there are many
cores & if I do start all the solr instances and they are up & running
successfully, when I do a create index it fails with logs saying that one of
the instances is down. I really donno why it is happening as starting all
the solr instances passed successfully. But, if I allow couple of seconds
wait time & then I'm able to create index without any problem. When I did a
little debugging into Solr code, the response from the PingRequestHandler
seems to be empty when it fails creating an index just after successfully
starting all the solr instances.

I absolutely have no idea why this happens. Is it absolutely necessary that
I've to wait for about few seconds before I try to create an index just the
moment after successfully starting all the solr instances.