Where are the actual relevance measurements showing degradation? For
every example you have, i can give you a counter-example, including
whole languages that flat out won't work at all.

Anyone who *wants* a phrase query can ask for one with double quotes.
If you force this option on, users have no way to turn it off.

I'm strongly opposed. I could care less about english.

lucidimagination.com