Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 7:02 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Source Control

So, it's not everyone's favorite tool, but it sure seems to be the most popular tool.

What are peoples thoughts about moving to git?

Distributed version control is where it's at :)

I know some prefer mercurial, but git and github clearly are taking over the world.

Also, the cmd line for git is a little eccentric - I use a GUI client called SmartGit. Some very clever German's make it.

A few Apache projects are already using git.

I'd like to hear what people feel about this idea.

- Mark